Garage Door Spring ReplacementGarage door spring replacement is something that you will probably have to deal with at one point or another. Garage door springs are vital components to your garage door and without them, your door could be stuck closed. Even worse, with the wrong ones your door opener can burn out. If your springs have broken, then having spring replaced performed by a seasoned garage door expert is always the best course of action.
The Difference Between Torsion And Extension SpringsThere are 2 main types of springs used for the opening and closing of garage doors. These are torsion springs and extension springs. Both springs have their uses and benefits. Some details regarding torsion and tension springs can be found below:
- Torsion Springs – torsion springs are springs located above the opening of your garage door and are placed on a bar for stability. Torsion springs operate by tension from twisting (torsion)
- Extension Springs – extension springs are found on the side of the track for your garage door. Tension springs operate through tension generated by increasing or decreasing distance between both ends of the spring
Best Practices For Garage Door Spring ReplacementThere are certain “Precision Best Practices” that our technicians put in place with every single spring replacement they perform. Our best practices are:
- Precision Best Practice #1 – Replace Both Springs: our techs always replace both springs when they perform a spring replacement. The reason for this is that if one spring is damaged, then the other is often not far behind.
- Precision Best Practice #2 – Using The Right Springs: There are many different types of garage doors, that weight different amounts and therefore require different torsion/tension rated springs for proper operation. Our techs know how to diagnose your door and select the correct spring for the job.
- Precision Best Practice #3 – 25 Point Safety Inspection: Spring damage is often a symptom of more severe garage door problems. Because of this, our technicians will provide a 25 point safety inspection of your garage door with every single spring replacement they perform.
When it comes to garage door spring replacement, the professionals here at Precision Garage Door Bay Area are here to help. To learn more about our extensive spring replacement service, give us a call right away.
We Use Special SpringsHere at Precision Garage Door Bay Area, we use special powder-coated springs that resist corrosion. Our springs are also made out of exceptionally durable steel and last for up to 50,000 door cycles (a door cycle is one trip up and back down). Other springs will only last a measly 5,000-10,000 cycles. With a Precision garage door spring repair, you will also get a Lifetime Guarantee on the springs we use. With Precision, you can always count on being completely satisfied with your garage door spring replacement service.
How Much Will Garage Door Spring Replacement Cost You?One of the most common questions we hear is “how much is my spring replacement service going to cost me?”. For an exact price, we will need to know whether your door uses torsion or tension springs, how heavy it is, how big it is…the list goes on. The best way to find out how much it’s going to cost is to schedule an inspection from one of our highly qualified garage door spring replacement technicians.
Call Precision Garage Door Bay Area today to have a certified technician give you an estimate on garage door spring replacement!