Garage Door Spring ReplacementGarage door spring replacement is something that you will probably have to deal with at some point. Garage door springs a vital piece to your garage door and without them, your door could get stuck closed. Or worse, with the wrong springs your door opener can burn out. If your springs are broken, then having a spring replacement done by a seasoned garage door specialist would be the best course of action.
The Difference Between Torsion And Extension SpringsThere are two main types of springs that are used to open and close garage doors. They are torsion springs and extension springs. Both of these springs have their uses and benefits. Some of the details regarding torsion and tension springs can be found below:
- Torsion Springs – torsion springs are springs found above the opening of your garage door and are placed on a bar for stability. Torsion springs work because of tension from twisting (torsion)
- Extension Springs – extension springs are found on the side of the track for your garage door. Tension springs work because tension is generated by increasing or decreasing distance between both ends of the spring
Best Practices For Garage Door Spring ReplacementThere are certain “Precision Best Practices” that our trusted team of experts put in place with every single spring replacement they perform. Our best practices are:
- Precision Best Practice #1 – Replace Both Springs: our techs will always replace both springs when they complete a spring replacement. The reason is that if one spring is damaged, then the other is often not far behind.
- Precision Best Practice #2 – Using The Right Springs: There are many different types of garage doors, that weigh different amounts and require different torsion/tension rated springs for proper operation. Our technicians know how to diagnose your door and select the correct spring for the job.
- Precision Best Practice #3 – 25 Point Safety Inspection: Spring damage is often a symptom of more severe garage door problems. Our technicians will provide a 25 point safety inspection of your garage door with every single spring replacement they perform.
When it comes to garage door spring replacement, the professionals here at Precision Garage Door Bay Area are ready to help. To learn more about our extensive spring replacement service, give us a call right away.
We Use Special SpringsHere at Precision Garage Door Bay Area, we use special powder-coated springs that are resistant to corrosion. Our springs are also made out of extremely durable steel and last for up to 50,000 door cycles (a door cycle is one trip up and back down). Other springs will only last 5,000-10,000 cycles. With a Precision garage door spring repair, you will also receive a Lifetime Guarantee on the springs that we use. With Precision, you can always count on being completely satisfied with your garage door spring replacement service.
How Much Will Garage Door Spring Replacement Cost You?One of the most frequently asked questions we get is “how much is my spring replacement service going to cost me?”. For an exact price, we would need to know whether your door uses torsion or tension springs, how heavy it is, how big it is…the list goes on. The best way to find out the exact price it’s going to cost is to schedule an inspection with one of our highly qualified garage door spring replacement technicians.
Call Precision Garage Door Bay Area today to have a certified technician give you an estimate on garage door spring replacement!